THE CORRECT WAY
The following practices will help maintain the life and quality of the vinyl film:
- Wash applied vinyl graphics with a blend of clean water and a mild care wash or detergent (i.e. Dawn®, Joy® or Ivory®).
- Test any cleaning solution on a small section of the vinyl graphic before using.
- Always read the warning labels on car care products for proper safety instructions.
- Once you’ve washed the vehicle with a soapy water blend, rinse with clean water.
- Either let the vehicle air dry or dry off with a microfiber cloth.
THE WRONG WAY
Indications of vinyl failure can include loss of gloss level, fading, em-brittling, cracking,
chipping or peeling around graphic edges. The following practices will result in deterioration of the vinyl film:
- Do not allow fuels to stay in contact with the vinyl for extended periods of time. Clean all spills as soon as possible
- Do not use automated car washes, truck washes using caustic cleaners or pressure washers to clean your vehicle
- Do not apply carnauba-based wax over vinyl graphics
- Do not apply any type of wax or polish to matte or carbon fiber-finished vinyls
- Do not use mechanical brush washing
Use of an automated car wash will void the warranty
PROPER CARE OF PERFORATED WINDOW GRAPHICS (VEHICLE)
It is relatively inexpensive to replace window graphics. Never compromise safety. Always ensure maximum visibility.
- Avoid using the rear windshield wiper and only use when absolutely necessary, as it will scratch the laminate over time and reduce visibility. It is best to clean any grime and sediment from your rear window with a wet squeegee to avoid scratching
- Avoid using your rear defroster, use only when absolutely necessary as it can potentially reduce the lifespan of the see through perforated window film
- Avoid frequent rolling of windows with graphics in order to avoid scratching
- Do not use an ice scraper on any window that is covered with vinyl specially perforated
window film as it could scratch and damage the graphics
Keep in mind that these are simple guidelines for extending the life of your window graphics. In matters of safety, common sense should always prevail to ensure maximum visibility at all times
CONCERNS ABOUT PRESSURE WASHING VINYL VEHICLE GRAPHICS
Pressure washing should only be used when no other cleaning methods are available.
Keep the following in mind while performing this type of cleaning.
- Repeated pressure washing can cause the vinyl graphics to lift around the edges and peel away from the vehicle, especially if the spray is at a sharp angle to the vinyl edge.
- Over time, pressure washing can degrade the face film, causing the graphic to lose its luster, fade, crack and even chip away from the substrate.
TO PROLONG THE LIFE OF THE APPLIED VEHICLE GRAPHIC WHEN CHOOSING TO PRESSURE WASH
- Water temperature: 19°C- 25°C (67°F-77°F)
- Spray nozzle opening: 40° wide pattern.
- Spray angle: 45°
- Angle of graphic: 90° (vertical)
- Distance from graphic: 18″
- Water pressure: ≤ 800 PSI
- Length of time: 30 seconds
Aim the spray pattern at a slight angle to the edge of the vinyl graphic.
HOW TO REMOVE DIFFICULT POLLUTANTS OR DEBRIS FROM VEHICLE GRAPHICS
- Spot clean the area with Isopropyl Alcohol and a microfiber rag.
- Moisten a rag with a citrus-based cleaner and naphtha. Wipe down the problem areas.
Immediately after using the citrus cleaner and naphtha, rinse the area with water and soap.